The married couple Victor and Marie Posselt bought a plot of land for the construction of a family villa in 18891 in, then, Mánesova Street from the widow of the Libeň brewery Karel Knobloch, Mrs. Marie Knoblochová. The street, which is also sometimes called painted, is actually called Slavíčkova today, although during the World War II was briefly named, after another Czech painter, Mařák Street (Mařák Strasse). It owes its current name after the leading Czech impressionist and pupil of Julius Mařák, Antonín Slavíček2.
The Posselts built a villa on the property, which they sold to factory owner Hans Otto Busse and his wife Maria3 after six years. Mrs. Maria Busse inherited the villa from her husband in 1912, completed the attic and after two years sold it to a chemical engineer and to the Prague factory owner Ing. Dr. Hans Reisers. The last owner before World War II was Hans Reisers wife Eliška (Elza, Lisa) Reisers, born name Goldmann4, on the basis of the market contract, when she bought the villa from her husband.
The owner of the land, Victor Posselt, together with the builder from Prague, František (Franz) Hulán, designed two storey Neo-Renaissance villa in 1889. The plans were assessed by a commission on 13th August 1889, and the construction was completed in the same year.
In 1914, the new owner Mrs. Marie Busse set up an attic above the main facade and a porch on the back facade modified by the builder Karel Geisselreiter. The one storey willa was two aisled layout and is covered by a mansard hip. In the small aedicule (niche) on the right side facade there is a table with the designation year 18895.
History of the villa
The villa was confiscated by the last private owner by the state police with effect from 16th March 1939 for the purpose of transfer to the German Empire. During the war, the villa was used by German state police, and after the war, on the basis of the decision of 31st December 1949 No. III 182/49 to hand over confiscated real estate to the municipality, the ownership right passed to the Capital City of Prague. Later in 1956, the house was handed over to the Administration of Services of the Diplomatic corps in Prague, whose successor organization is the Diplomatic Service. The permanent lessee since 1960 is the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, which has been using the villa as its residence until now.
1 Výpis z pozemkové knihy KÚ Bubeneč, knihovní vložka číslo 105, ze dne 24. 1. 1995
2 Místa u nás, Malovaná ulice, dostupné on-line http://mista.unas.cz/index.php?clanek=65
3 Katastrální úřad pro hlavní město Prahu, sbírka listin-pozemkové knihy, Kaufvertrag 8203 z roku 1895
4 Katastrální úřad pro hlavní město Prahu, sbírka listin-pozemkové knihy, Smlouva trhová 18380, z roku 1929
5 Umělecké památky Prahy A-L Autor:Vlček, Pavel Nakladatel:Academia ISBN: 978-80-200-2107-6